When you first become a real estate agent you are on your own. Yes, you might join a company that will give you incredible resources, but at the end of the day, it is up to you to work those contacts, those leads, and most importantly to hustle.
Here’s our advice for any new real estate agent:
- It is very wise to have a mentor. Having a mentor will be life changing. Find someone you admire in your area and ask them out for coffee or lunch. This will open the door between the two of you to establish a relationship.
- Tell EVERYONE you’re a realtor. Now, with that being said, you have to be tactful about it of course.
- Call all your relatives, family friends, and tell them you are now a licensed realtor. If they ever want or need to sell or buy a property, they will most likely reach out to you.
- And when I say everyone, I mean everyone! Even if you’re in line at the grocery store, start a small conversation with the person in front or behind you, and then casually say I’m heading to a listing. If they ask, or show interest, give them your card. You never know where you will meet your next client
- At open houses, always wear comfortable shoes, and say hi to every single person that walks through the front door. Even if you sense the person is a looky-loo or a neighbor. Say hi, introduce yourself and offer more details about the property. Again, you NEVER know where your next client will come from.
Real estate agents have amazing jobs, and you should be excited for your promising career!